Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shades of Grey

I'm not big on piling on makeup, keeping it pretty basic with tinted moisturizer, eyeliner and mascara. However, I am RARELY ever seen not wearing lipstick, and with all of the colors that were seen on the spring runways, I have been freaking out. Red is my signature color, being that every time my mother comes to visit, she brings me a new tube of "Orange Flip" by Revlon, a bright orangey-red that she used to wear in the 70s that's still around.  I'm not kidding, I currently have 5 back-up tubes... she's so adorable. Anyway, lately I've been delving into deeper, darker shades, whether it's "Plum Bright" by MAC or "Black Cherry" by Revlon. Basically, dark and creepy colors. At this rate, I'll be sporting a black lip well after Halloween.

Although I love my dark lips very dearly, I feel that it's necessary to switch it up every once in a while. Then I remembered Lime Crime, a line of cosmetics definitely not meant for the shy. Aside from their rainbow array of "magic dust" eyeshadows, their lipsticks are just as colorful, if not even brighter. I immediately had a tough decision on my hands--what color do I choose? I clearly wanted something that could be worn easily, although I wanted something a bit crazy. I really wanted "Mint to Be," an opaque mint green color, but I figured I should go with something a bit more mellow for my first purchase.

That's when I decided on "Chinchilla," a really lovely shade of grey with lilac undertones. I remembered the makeup for the Nanette Lepore Spring 2012 runway show and decided that I absolutely needed this color. It is absolutely PERFECT! Creamy yet pretty opaque, it smells amazing and actually lasts! The fact that it is made with a completely vegan formula doesn't hurt either. It's definitely different, but not too out there.  In the photo below, I applied it pretty lightly.  If I wanted it to be super vibrant I could layer it on a few more times, but I think it's a lot prettier when subtle.



Even the tube itself is amazing. A sparkling unicorn? Oh hell yeah.

Next time, I'm going for the mint.

xx
Jenna

6 comments:

  1. just went through all your posts & uhh totally obsessing over your style. in a non-creepy way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am pretty much obsessed with your blog so I'm extremely honored that you feel that way haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOO that looks SICK!

    J x
    jjnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete