Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October = Big and Exciting Things!

October is going to be a very exciting month for me!  This past weekend, my friends and I took a trip upstate for the weekend for some R&R and shopping.  Aside from heavy relaxation, heavy eating, and a surplus of whiskey (duh), we went on a thrift shopping extravaganza for our online shop which is set to launch on the 22nd!  I had no idea that upstate New York was such a vintage GOLDMINE, and cannot even begin to describe my excitement for launching our Etsy at the end of the month!  Lots of denim (including some acid wash!), oversized 80s sweaters, vintage dresses and killer T-shirts galore... stay tuned kiddies.

I of course went shopping for myself as well.  How could I not when everything was priced so cheap well?!  I'm waiting for a free afternoon to photograph it all, but I assure you, it's all. so. good.

A tiny preview of my new $6 awesomely grungy skirt.



Me with Erica and Dave of LP Fashion Philosophy.. two of my favorite people/fellow co-founders of the vintage shop!  It was stupid early in the morning when we took these, as you can see I am chugging coffee which is actually a rarity for me.  Anyway, I look like I came straight out of a 90s movie (Singles, Empire Records, etc...) and I like it that way.

Here's a look I shot a few weeks ago that I never got around to posting. First of all, I never wear pearl anything.  I usually prefer weird geometric things (and the occasional animal claw/skull), but for some reason, this day I was feeling a little classy.  This is my "professional" look... and by professional I mean I was able to use this photo for my LinkedIn profile.


Photos by Nina Stiefel

One of my roommates bought me that vintage compass for my birthday, and now I can never get lost when I get off an unfamiliar subway stop... usually.  The bow ring is from Betsey Johnson, a gift from my momma who knows me oh so well!

xx
Jenna

2 comments: