Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Heel-Less Heels (oxymoron?)

Besides sheer booties, one of the biggest trends-to-be this spring is the heel-less heel. Really impractical and kind of dumb, they are frigging awesome and I absolutely must get a pair, somehow, someway. (Sidenote: I know Lady Gaga has worn shoes like these before, and I don't care because I find her rather annoying, therefore she will no longer be mentioned in this post.) I'm assuming it takes practice to walk in them, and if you aren't the most coordinated (for example, if you are me), you will probably hurt yourself. Some designs can be hazardous... did anyone else catch Daphne Guiness's tweet the other day?

Roberto Cavalli S/S 2012
Jean Paul Gaultier S/S 2012
Alexander McQueen S/S 2012

Images from Style.com

And WAIT--A somewhat affordable pair for those with money (for example, not me).  These puppies are $650, but there IS a beige pair retailing for $350. Taking donations now. Le sigh.

1 comment: