Sunday, September 4, 2011

About Me

So this is probably my third attempt at creating a blog that I will actually keep up with, but I can promise you, this is THE ONE.  Obscurité is my personal style blog, that will also come along with random inspiration posts, whether it has to do with fashion, music, culture, food (Oh, I'm a fatty) and the like.  Basically, whatever my little heart desires!  I hope you find me interesting and worth following.

So a little background about me.  I'm Jenna, a broke fashion student living on New York's Lower East Side.  I'm weird, fun, witty and live for clothes and music.  I'm somewhat of a clothes hoarder, which is kind of sick.  I spend most of my free time dancing like a mad woman at indie shows at tiny little DIY venues.

I go to fashion school for fashion marketing, but don't want a job in marketing in any way whatsoever.  I'm not into that boring business crap.  No, I'm a bit more creative.  I'm working on becoming a fashion editor one day (which means this May when I graduate I will be having daily anxiety attacks/nervous breakdowns looking for fashion assistant jobs).  So basically, I live to style and write.  Currently, I'm interning at BULLETT Magazine, which is probably the most amazing magazine in the world. Start reading it if you don't already.

Oh, did I mention I'm broke?  I believe I did, but I'll say it again. Broke.  So most of my clothing has been bought on some type of insane discount or it was already really cheap.  I'm a HUGE, huge fan of vintage and thrift.  My friends at LP Fashion Philosophy and I are planning on launching a vintage store on Etsy in the very near future-ish, so stay tuned.

So with that being said, I will try my best to blog as often as I possibly can, considering I have class three days a week, intern two days a week, and work 3 (poorly) PAID jobs on top of that.  No worries though, if I still manage to find time for a social life then there will be plenty of time for obscurity (obscurité... get it?).

xx
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment