Monday, September 5, 2011

Flea Market Coma

So yesterday, being that it was particularly hot and disgusting outside, some friends and I decided to melt /head into Brooklyn to go clothes-hunting at the awesome weekend flea markets that Williamsburg has to offer.

First stop, Artists & Fleas!  Believe it or not, this was my first time going (I know, where the hell have I been?).  It was pretty magical, although pretty expensive. After looking around for an hour or so, I decided that I would not allow myself to leave empty handed!  That's when I stumbled upon Fancy Sexy Me's booth.  Fancy Sexy Me, a handmade jewelry line based in Brooklyn, consists of a chain heavy array of necklaces, rings, bracelets, body chains, etc. I LOVE chains, so stumbling upon their booth was quite fitting. I left with a hand chain that only cost me $35!  I have been looking for one for months now, and I finally found one I can afford that's still great quality.  I'm so giddy about it.

Oh hey, awkward hand.

After we left Artist & Fleas, we decided to walk to the river to Brooklyn Flea, which is probably my favorite flea market of all the city flea markets.  Clothes, jewelry, obscure antiques, bicycles, amazingly amazing food and an abundance of extremely attractive boys (le sigh), what else could you ask for?  After wandering around for a bit, I decided to stop at Reclaimed Trading's tent, and I am so glad I did--extremely affordable yet really awesome vintage! 
  
  

I walked out with an orangey-red silk button down for $15 and chocolate brown suede shorts for $25 that fit perfectly!  The shorts are literally going to be my fall/winter staple (with tights once it gets chilly, of course).  I'm probably going to wear them every day.  In fact, I already wore them last night.

Once we decided we couldn't deal with the heat any longer, I decided to head back into Manhattan.  Even though the food at Brooklyn Flea is out of this world, I knew I had to save my appetite for something else--ice cream.  And not just regular ice cream, no, I wanted some big, gay ice cream. The Big Gay Ice Cream Shop FINALLY opened in the East Village, and it is all my fatty self has been thinking about.  I got the Monday Sundae and skipped/floated home to the Lower East Side.

Successful day.

xx
Jenna



1 comment:

  1. ummmm SOO JELLY of your vintage excursion, def. trying to head down there this weekend!! #nom

    ReplyDelete